M.B. Technical Services is a mechanical and environmental consulting firm.
The firm has been in business for more than twenty years providing reliable services to its satisfied customers.
M.B. Technical Services was founded by Michael Bates P.E. Mr. Bates is responsible for the operation activities of the company. Michael Bates P.E. has a deep commitment to honesty and customer satisfaction. This commitment is evident by the long list of repeat clients, referrals, and excellent working relationships with regulatory officials.
Michael Bates P.E. brings an enormous amount of education, training, licenses, certifications, and, professional affiliations to each project. These qualifications add strength to any project team and the ability to deliver the required results in a professional manner.
M.B. Technical Services regularly teams with other competent professionals to meet the design and/or compliance needs of the project. The firm also functions as team leader on projects where environmental compliance is the major focus. M.B. Technical Services has provided the following services through its participation in a wide variety of projects:
- EPA/APCD compliance services (NAICS code 541620)
- Mechanical equipment design services (NAICS code 541420)
- Mechanical piping system engineering services (NAICS code 541420)
- HVAC-R system design and Title 24 compliance services (NAICS code 541330)
- Hazardous material storage/use system design services (NAICS code 541330)
- High-piled combustible storage system design services (NAICS code 541330
The above services were provided on the following summarized list of projects:
- Air Compliance Consulting contract at Edwards Air Force Base. The team provides on-going compliance services as well as other as needed air compliance services for this military installation.
(2011 – present)
- Project engineer responsible for the coordination of T/I projects for Caliber Collision for various locations throughout Southern CA. Duties include representing the client before various regulatory agencies.
(2010 – present)
- Prepared Title V permit applications for various companies within SCAQMD region. Completed processes involving comprehensive site surveys to determine compliance with current District rules and modification of various existing SCAQMD permits.
(2004 – present)
- Team leader on mechanical equipment construction projects, meeting approval for the installation of exhaust-ventilation systems at various manufacturing facilities. Performed review and approval of equipment supplier’s drawings and specifications for compliance with all Uniform Construction Codes, as well as applicable air quality regulations.
(1990 – present)
- Team leader for the completion and approval of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) plans and specifications for numerous commercial, industrial, and residential additions and remodels in Southern California.
(2000 – present)
- Prepared detailed hazardous material classification and inventory analyses for various companies. This analysis determines the location, allowed quantities in storage and use, and the appropriate accidental release mitigating measures required at each facility.
(1998 – present)
M.B. Technical Services is a certified small minority business enterprise.
The company is approved as such by several agencies:
- United States Small Business Administration
- L. A. County Local Small Business Enterprise Vendor
- Los Angeles Community College District
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- San Diego County Water Authority
- City of San Diego
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- City of Los Angeles Minority Business Development Agency
- L.A. County MTA CA. Unified Certification Program DBE
Michael Bates P.E., and the other key professionals’, summary of education, training, professional licenses, certifications, and professional affiliations are found below.
Michael L. Bates, P.E., C.P.P.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- South Coast Air Quality Management Compliance Coursework
- Certified Green Building Professional Coursework
- Life Safety Code Coursework – Mechanical, Fire, Plumbing, Building, and Electrical Codes
- National Fire Protection Agency Code Coursework
- LEED Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy & Atmosphere, Indoor Air, and Materials Coursework
- Professional Engineer – CA, License Number 29255
- Professional Engineer – NV, License Number 15214
- South Coast Air Quality Management District Certified Permit Professional- Number B-44140
- Build-it Green- Certified Green Building Professional
- Chairperson, City of Long Beach Board of Examiners, Appeals, and Condemnation
- Member, International Code Council
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Young Shin P.E.
- B.S.M.E University of South Carolina
- Professional Engineer– CA, License Number 20355